Backgammon games are exhilarating and very exciting and given below is a quick introduction to Backgammon games. Apart from being interesting, the game is very easy and simple and just needs the right moves so as to reach your goal. With the set Backgammon rules, you can easily make a good win.
Goal OF The Game
Before starting the game it is essential that you know what you have to achieve. The goal of the game is to reach all checkers on to the home board and later commence them off the board, this way if the one who reaches all the checkers home is declared the winner. You can now play Backgammon online and enjoy till your hearts content.
How To Play
There are two players in the game and each player is given two dices, a dice cup and a cube known as the doubling cube. Each player will roll out one dice and the one with highest number will make the first move. In case there is a tie, then another roll proceeds. The board comes with four quarters that come divided by six points and consists of white and black triangles.
The first player will now start by rolling out two dices and the total of the two dices are taken to determine how many moves his checkers makes on the Backgammon board.
How To Move Checkers
Moving checkers is very important and only clockwise move is accepted. The white checkers move from bottom left to the top left, while the black one move from top left to bottom left. One can move to point only if it is not occupied, or if the point is home to your checkers, or is taken up by one checker of your opponent.
- Hitting Checkers - Make a "hit" by moving one piece to the same point as you opponent, however, multiple checkers are not allowed. A "bolt" is a single checker and the hit is placed in the raised centre of the board. Now to get back the checker, the player must make a re-entry to your home.
- Moving Off Bar - Hitting puts you in a good position and to be successful, one must roll the number that corresponds to a free space. In case your opponent's move is unsuccessful onto the board, then the opponent has lost. This means more than one checker should be re-entered into the play.
- Rolling The Doubles - It means players have to roll two same numbers on the two dices so that the player can make a move four times the number rolled.
- Bearing Off - This is the final progress in Backgammon game and when the dice is rolled, you can remove one checker to the number corresponding to dice roll, or one can also move multiple checkers according to the roll. If you are placed on a point that has lower number on the dice roll, you are able to move it only if there are no other checkers with higher points.
- Doubling cube - The doubling cube makes the game exciting and can help the stakes rise and helps double the wager. One can decline or accept the offer. This way the game goes on and the one with all the checkers off the board wins. And after winning and enjoying the game of backgammon, you can try to play slots and other online casino games that will keep you entertained for hours.